Monday, October 29, 2012

FE, ROTC, FTX, etc!

As you can see, our lives are full of acronyms...

So I thought I'd start with a couple pictures of Daniel's ranger challenge competition last weekend. Turns out they beat the other teams by more than 2 hours... they're kind of a big deal.



 Daniel is really good at making awkward faces in all of his pictures...

This weekend the army took him away from me again, and he ran off into the woods with his army friends for a field training exercise.

 Telling other people what to do (it's what he's best at).
And they got to ride in helicopters!!! I'm pretty stinkin' jealous. I told him to promise me that I would get to ride in one some day, and he wouldn't! I guess I'll just have to get life-flighted out of the mountains on a camping trip or something...

My weekend wasn't nearly as exciting... I got to take my 8-hour Fundamentals of Engineering exam. Basically one test that determines whether I get to be an engineer or not... and it's comprehensive of pretty much EVERYTHING that I've learned in my last 400 years of school.

I don't have any real pictures, but I think these can kind of portray how painful it was...

I'm pretty sure we studied 400 hours...
I'm not an Asian teenager, but you get the idea. It was awful. But I feel like I did well and I'll get my results in 8-10 weeks!

I got a new calling in church teaching the 16-17 year-old girls. It's fun, but takes a lot more time than teaching the 6-year-olds... Daniel is still stuck with them, but he secretly loves it :) Ok so maybe he doesn't love it so much, but he still does a good job preparing lessons for them.

And we have some exciting news! Daniel got his branch preference, so he will officially be a Medical Service Officer after graduation! (read about it here) So we'll be with the army for six years and then he plans on going into hospital administration. This also means that we get to spend the summer in San Antonio! We're both pretty excited about that. We're also EXTREMELY excited to get out of Utah and spend some more time with Daniel's family.

We're just full of exciting news here, hopefully more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment