Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

This weekend was a great one, most definitely because it was my birthday! I started it off right by skipping all my classes on Friday to celebrate. Instead I went to stand in the rain/hail/snow and listen to President Uchtdorf speak to all of the ROTC cadets. It was especially cool, because afterwards Daniel and I got to meet him!



After that, we headed home and cleaned up a little before my parents got here. Then we went up to a cool hibachi grill in Sandy and came back down for the basketball game! My parents were going to buy tickets, but some woman handed them some sweet ones (almost center court, 15th row) for free! And there were open seats near them, so we just sat there... haha.




Then when we got home... the power was out! It snowed really early this year so none of the leaves are off the trees and I guess it took out a few power lines nearby... My parents were going to blow up an air mattress to sleep on, but... no power! Luckily we have a comfy couch and a twin bed so they didn't have to sleep on the floor. So we sat around in the dark for a while and talked and they gave me my awesome present:



A 9-cup KitchenAid food processor!

The next morning we got up (and the power came back!) and went to Kneaders and saw Skyfall. Dang good movie... and Adele's new song is INCREDIBLE! After the movie my parents headed back to Idaho and we went to Texas Roadhouse with Rachel and Derrick for our combined birthday lunch.

That night, Daniel and I went to the BYU football game, even though it was 400 degrees below zero... We actually had amazing 9th row seats, but of course the game where we have good seats is the game where we get to practically stand on the field! Daniel was being recognized with the ROTC so he was standing down with the cannon crew, and I got to fire the cannon! It was pretty sweet and I got a free t-shirt!


He's in there... I promise!
I went home after the third quarter because we were up by 40 points and by that time our 9th string players were in and it wasn't worth freezing my toes any more. Daniel had to stay and do stadium cleanup, but because of the snow it didn't take as long as it usually does. We watched the Office, went to bed, and almost slept through church this morning. But we made it on time!

GREAT birthday weekend!

Oh, and what did Daniel get me? Well, I kept telling him what to get me, then changing my mind over and over again... so finally I just told him to surprise me. I figured he would get me one of the things I had suggested previously... but he didn't! I got this:



With a voucher for this:



I have ALL the Batman movies now! Best husband EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment