Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mid-Summer Update

Well it's been a while since I've updated, but a LOT has been going on! Let's see if I can remember everything...

In June we got the heck out of Provo! We thought we might miss it, but we really don't yet (oops?). We headed up to Idaho to stay with my family for a bit before Daniel's training started. And since he's now addicted to relay races, we ran the Bone and Back with my friend Jordyn (http://jordykates.blogspot.com/) and my uncle Scott (and the rest of our team). It was a fun day, but I was definitely not in shape for it and I was feeling it the next couple of days.

I only had this one picture... If you really want to see more, there might be some on Facebook.
The next week, we headed up to Priest Lake in northern Idaho and it was warm for once in my life! We had temperatures in the 90's and 100's and the lake felt so great! My dad also bought a couple of wave runners and the whole week was a blast, relaxing and playing whenever we felt like it. Unfortunately, I only took this one picture the whole time. If I get my hands on any more, I'll put them up.

Unfortunately, we missed out on this particular Anaconda opportunity...
Then I cut off my hair!!

13 inches!
Right after Priest Lake we picked up our u haul trailer and made the looooong drive down to Georgetown, TX (just north of Austin). We had a fun detour along the way through Dallas where we picked up this little beauty! She's a German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix and she's going to get a LOT bigger!

Her name is Harley
She's the cutest thing ever and the first grandchild on Daniel's side of the family! haha.

So now Daniel has started training in San Antonio, but I get to see him every weekend. Luckily his training is only two months long, so we get to head to North Carolina together at the end of September. But his family is nearby and we're doing lots of fun things together. Daniel's dad has a boat, so we get to go out on the lake quite a bit. I learned to wakeboard the other day! I'm not very good. Ok, I'm not good at all. I can barely stand up! But it's a lot of fun and a great way to get out of the Texas heat!

Daniel's brother and I were matchy matchy!
The beautiful lake at sunset
I got up eventually!
But most of my time was spent here...
I dare the entire internet to find a cuter picture than this. Not even staged!
I'm living in Daniel's grandparents' house for now. His grandpa has been up in Idaho helping with BYU-I's engineering program all summer, but they'll be back in a few days to keep me company. But for now, this little cutey is keeping me company:

She loves to play with the bigger dog
9 week picture!
And I felt like there weren't enough pictures of Daniel in this post, so here's one from last Christmas when he decided to torture the goat:


So that's what we've been up to! Hopefully I'll update at least one more time before the big move!

No comments:

Post a Comment