Sunday, September 9, 2012

Red Rock Relay

Ok I have one more post in me tonight... This weekend we headed back down to southern Utah to run the Red Rock Relay! With a 12-man team, we ran 187 miles in 2 days. I only ran 12.something miles, but Daniel pulled in a whopping 22.3! Our team captain, Jessica, was 4 months pregnant and couldn't finish hers, so Daniel helped pick up the slack.

The first day we started at the Brian Head Resort, and I ran a mile before I got to the lodge and rode the chair lift up... before I ran just right back down to the parking lot. It was a fun little trail run, though. From there we ran to Cedar City, then through St. George, and on to the finish at Zion National Park.

 Ready at the start line! Also, there's a creepy dude behind me.
 Finishing up the first leg!
 Epic handoff!
Daniel finishing his first leg.

Overall, it was a great experience. I had a ton of fun and Daniel LOVED it. We would definitely do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment